Monday, November 2, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
She learned the art of the silly face.
Momma and her girl.
Friday, October 9, 2009
And now for a list....... Last year it was 33 things I am thankful for. Since none of those have changed much, I'm not doing that again. I thought about doing 34 things I had done this year, but pretty much all of those things are on this blog somewhere, so uh boring. So here are just a random 34 things.
1. I'm not really a lazy person, but I love days, like today, where it is cold and rainy, and little L and I snuggle for hours.
2. My favorite cowboy is.........you guessed it Aaron Watson.
3. I love my family more than anything, and you try to mess with any one of them, you will regret it.
4. I'm really good a making customer service reps wish they had a different job, and getting their managers to give me free stuff. (I only do this when they really should have a different job.)
5. Another shocker, I love to run, which makes me sick or confused or troubled or all of the above.
6. I have very few close friends, but the ones I do have I love to end of the earth and back. I am very loyal and they know that.
7. My biggest two joys of each day : hearing Lauren say she loves me and knowing that she means it, Doug getting home.
8. My favorite thing to wear is my comfy under armour shorts and a t-shirt. Don't judge me, that is just who I am.
9. My favorite place to be is home, outside of home, it's the beach.
10. I wish I was outside more and don't really know why I'm not.
11. I am so content with my life right now, but I know there is more out there.
12. I really like to cook stuff, and I am getting better at, learning to tweak things to my taste.
13. I really hate cancer.
14. I love to read other peoples blogs. I guess I am nosey that way.
15. I am really looking forward to this next year. It seems that big changes happen in our lives about every 3-4 years, and this would be year 4. So it's time for something to happen. (GOOD THINGS ONLY)
16. I'm a TV junky. I watch it way too much. I love The Office the most. This year's new show that has me hooked is Flash Forward.
17. I can't wait for Lauren to start sports, I hope she loves it as much as Doug and I.
18. I don't like the phrase "hubby".
19. I believe things like love and happiness, hate and bitterness ARE feelings, but are sometimes a choice and alternate between the two.
20. I'm a facebook addict, I'm trying to cut back.
21. I have very little regrets in life. I really can only think of two. One can be fixed, the other can't. I'm not going to share those, because I don't deal well with regret. Ok......the one that can be fixed......I should have gone to Paris last year with Doug, and he has my permission to take me there some day.
22. I can't stop listening to U2, Gary Allan and Taylor Swift. All very different, so that's a little odd.
23. I think Glen Beck is a nut job.
24. I really think Chick-fil-a make the best chicken sandwich.
25. I wish I could take better pictures than I do. I'm really not gifted like that. My sister on the other should be a photographer.
26. My dream house, would be a house where everything was on one floor with a huge game room upstairs, a big back yard with a pool. I would want 4 bedrooms plus a an office, no formal living room, a dining room, and big family room, huge kitchen. Anyone got a spare couple of million dollars?
27. We just paid off my Tahoe and have no car payments, that's a first for us.
28. For my birthday, I got new boots, cowgirl jeans and two shirts.
29. I really would like to see snow in person this year, and really would love for Lauren to see it.
30. So tired of hearing about the flu, the swine flu, H1N1......all of it.
31. I love to hear Lauren sing anything. Her new favorite is "Happy Birthday".
32. I really think everyone has the potential to be good a something, even if that something isn't a good thing.
33. A few things I don't like.......going to the dr., traffic, birds, my next door neighbors barking dog, family and friends being sick, watching my teams lose, ironing, bad people.....
34. And these are a few of my favorite things.......Live music, good friends, really good food, my sweet husband, my perfect little girl, my beautiful family, a good movie, a good book, lazy days, busy days, sand and sun and water, running, sleeping, loving.
1. Our hotel was amazing. We stayed at the Sofitel. Here is the view from our room:
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
(Sorry, no pictures for now, I could not get them to upload)
Friday, July 24, 2009
Those are a few of the stories that stand out. But I give praise to God for what HE has done for my dad, and know His healing hand is still watching over him. I am so thankful for my dad and his quiet faith.
Running Carefree in the water (also fun)
Chairs dug into the sand, yep, fun. (See poor Doug in the background?)
Sand & Water, double the fun!
Feeling the breeze through the hair, pretty fun.
At the end of June Doug and I went to Seaside, FL. If you haven't been or don't know what it is, look it up. It is amazing, a little piece of Heaven on Earth. We usually pick Cabo for our adult vacation, but decided to stay stateside because of the chaos that is Mexico these days. At first I was completely bummed about that and about driving to our vacation spot, but it only took a few minutes of being there, to figure out it was not such a bad place after all. Completely relaxing and fun. We played golf (I had a once in a life time hole, where I eagled on a par 4), laid at the beach, ate great food, relaxed in the pool and just enjoyed hanging with each other. Loved every minute of it. Here's some pictures.
Wish I could say we built this, but I can't
The Gravel Road. Good food with a duo playing guitar and singing.
Doug in the water on our last beach walk of the trip.
The Red Bar. Yummy Food and tons of fun.
That gets us to July. When we got back Lauren went to her first ever VBS. She loved it and is STILL talking about it.
And then, there was last week. Remember me like forever ago writing about the hole in my ear? Well, I finally got it fixed. Last Tuesday I had surgery to repair it. Have to say, that lake trip, while it was very fun, when all was said and done, probably not worth it. I had previously stated, it was worth it, but I lied. It's not so much the pain, but the constant state of motion sickness I felt for the first week. I am finally feeling back to normal, but man this better work, because I will not have ear surgery again. So I am sidelined from doing anything that will make me sweat. Meaning no running. I'm hoping I can catch up in time to do the SA Rock N Roll half marathon in Nov. And I've gotta say thanks to the In laws who not only kept Lauren while Doug and I went on vacation, but also all last week when I was bed bound. What a blessing they are. And gotta give my shouts out to all the friends who have provided rides and dinner and/or help with Lauren while I go to my many Dr. appointments. Ever since the surgery, I have been getting shots to boost my white cells so I can heal from all this. (You remember that mess, right?) So I have been going 3 days a week and have needed lots of help. Love you, my SA friends!
So we've got a few things coming up........My Uncle's Benefit next weekend, then Lauren and I are headed to Ft. Worth for a week. Lauren Starts school 2 days a week in September. Doug and I are going to Chicago for a U2 concert (the same week). And, once again, I will try to do better at this blogging thing. Yikes!