Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Big Day

Yesterday was Lauren's first day of school. We have been waiting for this day for so long. Last spring we went to check out the school and sign up and ever since then it has been THE topic of discussion. I have looked at this day as bittersweet. Sweet, because honestly, 2 free days of whatever I want. And sweet because I knew how much she would love it. And then there is the bitter. Bitter because, the world is already starting to take my baby away from me. Something I never want to happen. But I know over the years it slowly will, in this is the beginning. In the end the sweet won out, seeing the joy and excitement fill her smile as the days got closer. And I got to say, I was pretty proud of myself. I feed off her excitement and not one tear was shed from me on the big day. She had a fabulous day. First thing she said is, "I want to go back!". Of course in true Lauren fashion, when I asked her what she did, I got the shoulder shrug. But with more questions on my part, I got that she.......played outside, made an apple, colored a lady bug that she put on a tree, learned about the numbers 1, 2, and 3, learned about Jesus, didn't sleep at nap time, (but was quiet) ate lunch, and was very proud about getting on and off the potty by herself, (but in her words "I had some bad news, she couldn't reach the toilet paper by herself") and made new friends but didn't ask their names. Oh and playing with the beauty shop was the favorite thing she did. Sounds like a pretty fun day!
(Sorry, no pictures for now, I could not get them to upload)

No comments: