I recently turn ummm 34. Crazy. I can't believe I am that old. Not that 34 is ummm old, but you know, I feel like 20 something on most days. I had a great 34th birthday. My husband went out of his way to make it a special one. So let me brag on him for awhile. He took the initiative to get a babysitter last Friday. (Not so out of the ordinary for him, because he is awesome.) Went for sushi, which he hates, and I love. Went to Cowboys and saw my favorite cowboy, Aaron Watson perform. Saturday, we drove to Houston. We went to the fair in the rain with our besties, their kids and of course our kid. That night the adults dined at Lupe's. After that we went back to the fair and saw my favorite cowboy, again! All planned by my man. He is such a sweetie. I so often take his planning, hard work, and love for granted. But I hope he knows this weekend I did not. Sunday, the girl bestie (Becky) took me for a girls day for mani, pedi and lunch. Monday I hung out with Lauren and the MIL and later we drove home. Tuesday, the actual day, was like most, until the evening. Doug brought me home a yummy cake, cards from him and Lauren, picked roses from our bush and took me to a great dinner and The Scenic Loop Cafe in Boerne, and had a nice glass of wine waiting for me after I put little L to bed. What a fantastic day. What fantastic husband and kid. What a fantastic weekend, with fantastic friends! Love to you all who made it a fantastic birthday!
And now for a list....... Last year it was 33 things I am thankful for. Since none of those have changed much, I'm not doing that again. I thought about doing 34 things I had done this year, but pretty much all of those things are on this blog somewhere, so uh boring. So here are just a random 34 things.
1. I'm not really a lazy person, but I love days, like today, where it is cold and rainy, and little L and I snuggle for hours.
2. My favorite cowboy is.........you guessed it Aaron Watson.
3. I love my family more than anything, and you try to mess with any one of them, you will regret it.
4. I'm really good a making customer service reps wish they had a different job, and getting their managers to give me free stuff. (I only do this when they really should have a different job.)
5. Another shocker, I love to run, which makes me sick or confused or troubled or all of the above.
6. I have very few close friends, but the ones I do have I love to end of the earth and back. I am very loyal and they know that.
7. My biggest two joys of each day : hearing Lauren say she loves me and knowing that she means it, Doug getting home.
8. My favorite thing to wear is my comfy under armour shorts and a t-shirt. Don't judge me, that is just who I am.
9. My favorite place to be is home, outside of home, it's the beach.
10. I wish I was outside more and don't really know why I'm not.
11. I am so content with my life right now, but I know there is more out there.
12. I really like to cook stuff, and I am getting better at, learning to tweak things to my taste.
13. I really hate cancer.
14. I love to read other peoples blogs. I guess I am nosey that way.
15. I am really looking forward to this next year. It seems that big changes happen in our lives about every 3-4 years, and this would be year 4. So it's time for something to happen. (GOOD THINGS ONLY)
16. I'm a TV junky. I watch it way too much. I love The Office the most. This year's new show that has me hooked is Flash Forward.
17. I can't wait for Lauren to start sports, I hope she loves it as much as Doug and I.
18. I don't like the phrase "hubby".
19. I believe things like love and happiness, hate and bitterness ARE feelings, but are sometimes a choice and alternate between the two.
20. I'm a facebook addict, I'm trying to cut back.
21. I have very little regrets in life. I really can only think of two. One can be fixed, the other can't. I'm not going to share those, because I don't deal well with regret. Ok......the one that can be fixed......I should have gone to Paris last year with Doug, and he has my permission to take me there some day.
22. I can't stop listening to U2, Gary Allan and Taylor Swift. All very different, so that's a little odd.
23. I think Glen Beck is a nut job.
24. I really think Chick-fil-a make the best chicken sandwich.
25. I wish I could take better pictures than I do. I'm really not gifted like that. My sister on the other should be a photographer.
26. My dream house, would be a house where everything was on one floor with a huge game room upstairs, a big back yard with a pool. I would want 4 bedrooms plus a an office, no formal living room, a dining room, and big family room, huge kitchen. Anyone got a spare couple of million dollars?
27. We just paid off my Tahoe and have no car payments, that's a first for us.
28. For my birthday, I got new boots, cowgirl jeans and two shirts.
29. I really would like to see snow in person this year, and really would love for Lauren to see it.
30. So tired of hearing about the flu, the swine flu, H1N1......all of it.
31. I love to hear Lauren sing anything. Her new favorite is "Happy Birthday".
32. I really think everyone has the potential to be good a something, even if that something isn't a good thing.
33. A few things I don't like.......going to the dr., traffic, birds, my next door neighbors barking dog, family and friends being sick, watching my teams lose, ironing, bad people.....
34. And these are a few of my favorite things.......Live music, good friends, really good food, my sweet husband, my perfect little girl, my beautiful family, a good movie, a good book, lazy days, busy days, sand and sun and water, running, sleeping, loving.