Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome to the world Erin Olivia


On October 11th, 2010 the world became a brighter more beautiful place as we welcomed our sweet daughter to the world. But lets back up and record her birth story. The last couple of weeks of pregnancy I was put on bed rest for high blood pressure, which gave my Dr. a reason to induce labor a week early. Fine with me, because anyone who knows me, knows being pregnant is not my favorite. So, we went in on Sunday the 10th, to get things rolling, meaning they started the process of thinning my cervix (I know that might be TMI). Not much happened in that department, but at about midnight I started to have contractions about 3 minutes apart. I couldn't feel them until about 3 AM. They were bearable but I could feel them. At 6, the pitocin was started, not a whole of change. At 7:30 my Dr. came in for a check, dilated to a 3, and she broke my water. BIG Changes. Shortly there after the pain intensified to not so bearable so I requested an epidural, waited for hour. Finally sweet, sweet relief. Family came by for a visit while I drifted in and out of sleep. At 12:30, the Dr came to check on us. She asked how I was feeling, my reply, "I've had a epidural, but I still feel a lot of pain." So upon checking me, her response, "You feel a lot of pain because your baby, is RIGHT, there. Let me call your nurses, it's time to push, now!" So, approximately 27 minutes and 3 contractions later, we had a baby. And it really was as simple is that. I have to say, while pregnancy is not my favorite, delivery is. Love the feeling and the release as life enters the room. It truly is amazing. Only our first minutes were filled with some fear as we did not hear a cry and my baby was not allowed to be cradled on my chest. My heart sunk and fear over came. The cord was wrapped around her neck, but once it was removed and she was suctioned I heard her sweet cry and saw the pink enter her skin. After what felt like forever, I finally got to hold my newest bundle of joy and spend some sweet time with, my girl and Doug as I nursed her for the first time. Soon I could her my first born running down the hall. The excitement in her voice was unforgettable, as I heard her scream, "my baby sister is here". Lauren's love for her sister is incredible. She is in awe of her and I love watching her love. What a treasure the two of them have. I know because I too have a special sister bond. After a brief meeting of the family. Baby girl Mueller was off to the nursery (yep, at this point she still had no name.). I had some lunch, moved rooms, got comfy. And was amazed at the lack of pain I had. I remember being in so much pain after Lauren was born I almost passed out, but this time recovery has been incredible. We had lots of visitors each anxious to know the name, but that didn't happen until day two. It took a deadline by the social security lady to get a name on paper. So finally we decided on Erin Olivia. Erin is my middle name, and Olivia is pretty. Both mean peace. So I guess she is peace squared. By 2:30 that day I was home and getting settled in. It all seem to happen so quickly and then we were home, our new family of four and as happy as can be.

Ms. E



Welcome to the world my sweet angel girl. You have already brought us so joy much as we watch you grow. You are such a calm personality and live up to your "peaceful" name. I love to just stop and stare at you, it's as if you are growing with each second that passes by. I pray each day that God protect you from on the ugliness of the world and shine His light upon you as you grow as His daughter. I love watching you and your sister forming such a strong bond. She already knows how to ease your cry, something that will come in handy throughout your life. I love to see your daddy holding is new baby. There is magic in his tender touch. I love the way you snuggle into my chest as though I was made to hold you. You have only been in this world for two weeks, but I know you were that missing piece, that I didn't even know was missing. You make my heart sing and fill the gaps that I didn't know we empty. You are my love. - Momma












1 comment:

Elicia & James said...

Beautiful, Leslie.... miss you guys.