Thursday, January 8, 2009

Looking back at 2008 Looking forward to 2009

Looking back at 2008 brings up mixed emotions. A lot of highs and a lot of lows. In the end the highs always win and time puts all things in perspective. As a side note, this post is more for me. Something I can look back on when I'm old and wonder, what the heck happened in 2008.



A Chronological Look Back at 2008

January 13 - Doug and I ran in our first half marathon.

February 14 - Find out I am pregnant, but might have miscarried

February 18 - Hear a strong heartbeat

February 25 - Doug goes to Denmark for business

March 2nd - The three of us head to Disney world

March 17th - No heartbeat, D&C scheduled

March 23rd - Easter at the Ranch

March 29th - Little Cousin Jeremy gets married

April 18th - Lauren 2nd Birthday

April 22nd - Doug has knee surgery

April 26th - Lauren's Birthday party at Momack's with Caroline

May 8th - New Carpet

May 12th - We got Abby our Brittney Spaniel

June - Lots of golf lessons

June 6th - California Trish and fam comes to town

June 10th - Lauren's first dental apt. lots of tears.

June 20 ish (not sure of exact date) - Ganan June dies

June 30th - Doug and I leave for Cabo

July 25th - Weekend in Port Aransas with the Heflins

August 16 - Weekend with the Heflins, adults only. Schlitterbahn and Canyon Lake. I blew a hole in my eardrum. Even thought the hole is still there, it was totally worth it.

August 29th - We go to Plainview, spent the next week in Ft. Worth

September 27th - Houston trip, dinner with the Heflins for our Friend-aversary

October 4th - Houston again for my birthday, go to Zeigfest with the Heflins

Ocotber 16ish - Doug goes to Paris

October 25 th - Go to homecoming at ACU, my 10th


Ocotber 31st - Halloween in Fort Worth, Lauren is the cutest butterfly ever

November 13th - Elmo live

November 16th - Doug and I run our 2nd half marathon

November 28th - Thanksgiving at the ranch and our 10 year wedding aniv. The 3 Creek Aniversary.

December 15th - Lauren's 2nd Dentist apt, much better, no tears

December 19th - Doug's family arrive for Christmas

December 24th - We head to Ft. Worth for Christmas

December 31st - Ring in the new year with the Cabrals


I'm looking forward to 2009. Not that it won't have it's challenges, but for some reason, I think this is going to be a really good year. I just have a feeling. When I started this post (several weeks ago) I had ever reason to believe this year was going to be a good one. It had just started. Doug and I have made some plans for the year.... Disney World Trip, fixing up the house plans, Cabo trip, etc. And then the other foot dropped. My Dad called as said they found a tumor on his esophagus. Wow. That changes things. We are in the process of learning more and creating the treatment plan, but nothing like the word "cancer" to stop you in your tracks. So what is the outlook for this next year now? Hasn't changed. I still think 09' will be a good one. I fully believe that my Dad will be healed and our family will be stronger for it. Like I said at the beginning, time puts all things in perspective. I have everyone I know praying for him. These are things I know: I know God is The Great Healer. I know that He is gracious. I know that He is my comforter. I know He is in control. I know He is all powerful. I know that He answers prayers. I know He will take care of my Dad.

And so, I am still looking forward to all those things we have planned for 2009 and a few goals for the new year:
Blog more
One new recipe per week. (Look forward to seeing post about these, new segment.......so far I have made a pork tenderloin that was very yummy and Ranch Style Chicken another favorite)
Finally get down to my WW goal weight
Get Lauren into some kind of class, probably gymnastics
Go Back to Port Aransas
Find some 10Ks to do and try to do one in under an hour. I usually finish in 1:04

That's all I can think of for now.......but look out for some new post coming soon....more Lauren Quotes, Cooking adventures, Dad updates.........etc.

No comments: