Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Conversations with Lauren


It's so fun to have real two way conversations with Lauren. Here is our conversation on the way to the mailbox today.


Lauren : I don't like squirrels. (Upon seeing my neighbors lawn decor of plastic squirrels, yuck!)

Me: Why?

Lauren: Because I like sharks.

Me: Or really, what else do you like?

Lauren: I like sharks, Disney World, Sea World and Church.

Me: That's good, what else do you like?

Lauren: Class, eating a snack in class, making new friends, and water. (all of these are related to class at church, I think she got stuck there.

Me: What else?

Lauren: Ummm my friends

Lauren: Me and daddy fixed that thing over there. It was really broken. I had my shoes on, but you didn't I saw you. (busted)

Me: That's right little girl.

Lauren: What are we going to do now? I'm NOT tired, I don't wanna go to bed. (Huge clue that she is ready to go to bed)

Me: I didn't say you were tired......


That's about it. A few things I love about this conversation..... It was two way, questions and answers. Second, I can tell she REALLY loves church, ranking it up there with Disney World and Sea World, wow. And finally, how it cycles back around, reminding me she is still only 2 for a few more weeks, with the whole, I'm not tired bit. I'm sure she won't be growing out of that any time soon and I am just fine with that!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute! I love this age. still so innocent and you don't have to dig for information. They give it up willingly.